Thursday 16 November 2017

GARDENING, HOUSECLEANING AND FEEDING THE CAT

An unkind reader recently compared my blog to Robert's blog and had the temerity to suggest that like Robert, I should delete the posts on a regular basis and even the entire blog.

Philistine.

We at THE CURMUDGEONS INCⓒ have a responsibility to our readers and would never do that and, at THE CURMUDGEONS INCⓒ we ascribe to a high standard of information promulgation so comparison to Robert's blog is hurtful.

********************

Before THE CURMUDGEON had his little golfing mishap yesterday there was lots to do around the house which should have been reported on so I apologise for the delay.

Firstly gardening.

On Tuesday, after playing tennis as I drove up the driveway I looked at the ivy that's been taking over the back garden and decided to do something about it.


This photo was taken last year, the creeper has spread since then

I put on gloves and got out the garden clippers - these are called secateurs

secateurs

noun
BRITISH
a pair of pruning clippers for use with one hand.

I cut away for over an hour making large piles of clippings and severely reducing the growth. I then attacked the trees at the fence-line taking out new shoots and branches and getting the whole lot lined up again.
When I looked around I had several large piles of rubbish that I now have to get rid of, Bugger. I don't have a trailer and am waiting until we sell the apartment in auckland and buy a car with a tow-bar and then buy a trailer.

************************

Secondly housework.

Normally I do a rush job on housework when I know that The Old Girl is coming up from Auckland.This involves a quick whip around with a duster and a speedy vacuum.
On Tuesday I got out the cleaning cloths and cleaning agents. When I say agents I don't mean people who are expert in cleaning, oh no, I mean the various chemicals that cleaners use. Some of these are cleaning creams like Jif or Ajax, disinfectants, bleaches, glass cleaners etc. I prefer Jif because it is nice and soft and, as I buy the lemon variant, is nice to smell. I wiped down surfaces with the appropriate 'agent' and soon everything was sparkling. 

Note: when it comes to cleaning glass surfaces a clockwise motion is best for laying the cleaning agent on the glass and, after a few minutes it can be removed and polished with a vigorous anti-clockwise motion. I trust that this little bit of advice is helpful. I learnt it when I owned a picture framing business.



*************************

Feeding the cat.

Now this sounds easy but Willow is 18 years old and, as an old lady gets a bit frumpy and picky.


I've bought expensive special diet foods from the vets that she takes one look at and marches off in a huff so I buy the best I can from the supermarkets. I buy fish or chicken based ones - the gravy-style as she won't eat the more solid mass types. I have to mix and match as when I give her one she likes she will only like this for a few times before she changes her mind and I have to try something else.

Talk about fussy.

4 comments:

  1. A brilliant post! I only had to read half of it and I felt satisfied and went off for a nap. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reading some of this for the second time. What a blog! It attracts people back for a second and third read because you certainly don't remember what you read first time around. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the bit about not buying a trailor until he gets a tow bar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I can't pull the trailer along by hand.

    ReplyDelete

LET'S TALK ABOUT WALLPAPER

 It's been a while since TC called on me but he said that my services were fairly urgently needed. Apparently there's been some feed...